I bought an original CD. Do I need to get a JAMMS license to play it in my business or at an event?

The CD sold to you is meant only for private use and its cost does not include payment for public performance. If you use it in your business or your event, prior permission must be obtained from the owners of the sound recording contained in the CD who are represented by JAMMS in Jamaica.