How do I obtain a license to publicly perform sound recordings or make ephemeral copies?

To obtain a license, you must first notify sound recording copyright owners by filing a Notice of Use of Sound Recordings ("Notice of Use") with the JAMMS Office. All services must file a Notice of Use prior to making the first ephemeral copy or first broadcast or first play in public of a sound recording to avoid being subject to liability for copyright infringement.

There is also a form license or agreement issued by JAMMS that must be completed and signed. Once a service files its Notice of Use, and an agreement is executed between the service and JAMMS it may commence making broadcasts and play music in public, provided that it complies with all of the terms and conditions of the license agreements and makes all payments and files all statements of account and reports of use when due.